We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to join our Logistics department.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, this position will be directly responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the product dispatch facilities. They have a central role in meeting scheduled outbound finished goods, quality, and safety and plant reliability goals.
This role is a full time, 12 to 14 month (fixed term position). Typical hours of work being 6:30am until 2:30pm Monday to Friday, and 6:30am until 10.30 am Saturday. However every 4th week you will have a weekend off.
Upon completion of this fixed term position, this opportunity has the potential to provide a gate way, to other permanent roles within our company.
In order to be successful for this position, we are looking for a motivated team player who contributes to and can thrive in a team environment. You will have great attention to detail, be quality focused and pride yourself in accurate data entry. A background in manufacturing will be advantageous.
Further skills and attributes that will ensure you’re successful in this role are;
- Strong experience covering all aspects within a warehousing environment.
- Experienced in the operation of 7 ton forklifts essential.
- Demonstrated skills in a range of computer-based systems including Microsoft products, SAP or similar ERP systems relating to dispatch process/inventory control.
- Understands the importance of a Customer Focused attitude
- Demonstrates the ability to be routine, or show flexibility as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Safety Focus
- Understands both Employer and Employee obligations regarding a safe work place.
- Is committed to working in a safe manner to ensure their own safety and the safety of others.
Daiken believes in supporting its people and offers an attractive and competitive benefits package, not often seen in other companies.
- Membership to the company’s very generous superannuation scheme
- Subsidised medical cover for the employee and their immediate family
- An Insurance Package (Life, Trauma and Income Protection)
- Travel subsidies
- A wellness allowance contributing to membership to a gym, club or other leisure activity that will benefit the health and wellbeing of the employee.